Heroes at BlizzCon
It's BlizzCon and there's plenty of new things coming to Heroes of the Storm!
Two new heroes have been confirmed for Heroes, the previous King of Stormwind, Varian Wrynn, and the Elemental Lord, Ragnaros, the Firelord.
HIGH KING OF THE ALLIANCE
- Passive: HEROIC STRIKE - Every 18 seconds, Varian's next Basic Attack deals 140 bonus damage. Basic Attacks reduce this cooldown by 2 seconds.
- LION'S FANG - Create a shockwave that travels in a straight line, dealing 150 damage and slowing enemies by 30% for 1.5 seconds.
- PARRY - Parry all incoming Basic Attacks for 1.25 seconds, reducing their damage by 100%.
- CHARGE - Charge to the target enemy, dealing 50 damage and slowing them by 75% for 1 second.
- Warrior Mode
- Heroic: TAUNT - Force the target Hero to attack Varian for 1.25 seconds. Passive: Maximum Health increased by 50%. Passive: Attack Speed reduced by 25%.
- Assassin Mode
- Heroic: COLOSSUS SMASH Smash a target enemy, dealing 187 damage and making them Vulnerable for 3 seconds. Passive: Base Attack Damage increased by 75%. Passive: Maximum Health reduced by 10%.
- Heroic: TWIN BLADES OF FURY - Basic Attacks reduce Heroic Strike's cooldown by 9 seconds, and increase Varian's Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds. Passive: Attack Speed increased by 100%. Passive: Base Attack Damage reduced by 25%.
Quote from BlizzardNever one to back down from a difficult task or shy away from the front lines, King Varian Wrynn has always sought to do what he believes is best for his people. Without question, he is eager pick up a sword and shield in defense of the Alliance, Azeroth, and now. . . The Nexus. There is no opponent too great nor battlefield too harsh to stop Varian from leading those around him toward victory.
Great leaders know that a successful conquest requires the flexibility to adapt to any new challenges that may arise on the field of battle. Through talents, Varian can be built to fit several different disciplines and is the first multi-class hero to enter the Nexus. Be the shield your team needs by taunting enemies and soaking tons of damage, or split Shalamayne into its component swords and lead with your blades to cut down any who stand in your way.
- Passive: MOLTEN CORE - Claim an allied or destroyed fort as your new Molten Core. Each of your abilities is temporarily upgraded, and you gain a large pool of health which slowly burns away, though you must remain stationary until your health runs out.
- EMPOWER SULFURAS - Your next basic attack is instant, does area damage, and heals you for 20% of the damage you deal.
- LIVING METEOR - Call down a meteor nearby; it deals minor damage on impact, and then rolls in the direction you’ve targeted, dealing moderate damage to foes caught in its path.
- BLAST WAVE - Briefly ignite yourself or an ally, boosting movement speed by 25% for 1.5 seconds. The boosted target explodes in flame, dealing moderate damage to enemies nearby.
- Heroic: SULFURAS SMASH - Hurl Sulfuras into the air, dealing moderate area damage when it lands. All enemies in the center of the impact zone are burned for significant additional damage, and stunned for .5 seconds.
- Heroic: LAVA WAVE - Release a massive lava wave which travels down a targeted lane, dealing high damage to enemies caught in the flames.
Quote from BlizzardFrom deep within Sulfuron Keep in the Firelands, Ragnaros has turned his fiery gaze toward the Nexus in his conquest to bring about the end of days by purging all life in flame and ash.
Harness the volcanic wrath of The Firelord to call down flaming meteors, crush foes with the explosive might of Sulfuras, and summon lava waves that will incinerate an entire lane's worth of enemy minions. When faced with a counter-attack, Ragnaros can empower a Fort or Keep, becoming a towering inferno over the structure and gaining a second set of abilities that will help you engulf assailants in the fires of doom. Ally yourself with Ragnaros to bring about a new era of destruction in the Nexus and show your opponents the true meaning of the words "raid boss".
New Brawl: Blackheart's Revenge
Quote from blizzardAvast, ye, hearties! The ol' sea dog Captain Blackheart has shoved off in his ghost ship and taken to the high seas on a mission to blow the docks to smithereens. Will you aid him in turning the docks into a cloud of splinters, or will you fill his ship full of holes until it sinks into the briny deep?
This Brawl is the first battleground to feature attack/defend style mechanics and introduces asymmetrical gameplay to Heroes of the Storm. On Blackheart’s Revenge, only one team has a Core. They must gather cannonballs, load them into the cannons located around the docks, and fire on the ship in hopes of sending Blackheart to a watery grave. Defenders must assist the ghost pirate in his siege by stopping the attacking team from collecting enough cannonballs to sink the ship before it reaches its destination.
KILL ENEMY HEROES
Prevent enemy Heroes from collecting Cannonballs and firing the Cannons at Blackheart’s Ship.
PROTECT BLACKHEART’S SHIP
Defend the Ship until it destroys the enemy Core at the docks.
Quote from blizzardWe just announced our biggest giveaway in Heroes of the Storm history to date: The Nexus Challenge! Starting November 15 until January 4, you and your friends will be able to unlock an epic set of in-game loot in both Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch just by playing Heroes together.
Complete 15 Heroes games in Ranked, Unranked Draft, Quick Match, or Co-op vs. A.I. before time runs out, and you’ll unlock the Oni Genji skin, spray, and player icon in Overwatch, as well as Zarya and the Oni Genji Portrait in Heroes of the Storm. The rewards only get sweeter when you play more games. Finish 30 matches and you'll pick up even more Heroes, the slick new Orochi Hovercycle mount, and a 30-Day Stimpack. Make sure you're prepared to embark on this daunting quest with your allies later this month by reading our blog post, which contains all the details you'll need to conquer the Nexus Challenge.